Road Safety During Ramadan
The Holy month of Ramadan is upon us and it is an important time here in the UAE, which is predominantly Muslim. It is a time for sober reflections, piety and of course, fasting. However, fasting has a number of side effects which could result in unsafe conditions on the road during Ramadan. According to the several reports, the Holy month is associated with increased number of road accidents and fatalities, and here are the reasons why:
- Road fatigue during Iftar traffic rush: there is usually a lot of traffic at this time and drivers are usually tired and fatigued while rushing around for their iftar appointments, and this can cause their attentions to falter.
- Fasting: fasting results in dehydration or low blood sugar which can cause driver attention and concentration to be low, resulting in poor road decisions.
- Personal body fatigue: the irregular sleep patterns and eating habits that result during the Ramadan month can result in dizziness on the part of even experienced drivers.
What do you do?
- Drive defensively: you have to assume that all other drivers may be fatigued or have their abilities affected.
- Try and avoid the pre-Iftar traffic rush.
- Do not fast beyond your capacity; be aware of your limits.
- Get enough sleep and enough food when you can.
- Ensure your vehicle is in top condition before the month begins so you would have no reason to be exasperated during your fasting.
Visit us today at Dial-A-Battery to get the best top to bottom maintenance of your vehicle, improvement of your battery capacity with the best from SOLITE and other top retailers like Bosch and AC Delco.
‘Hassle-free service guaranteed !’
Available Round The Clock Including Holidays
12 Months Warranty With Every Battery We Replace
Rapid Response Time 30-45 Minutes Turn-Around Time
Take Benefit Of Discounts, Coupons, And Deals
Breakdowns hurt. Getting help is easy.
With Dial-A-Battery, your car is in safe hands. Whether your car’s battery requires a boost up or a replacement, we are capable and ready to assist, wherever, whenever. Book an appointment with us or simply buy the battery that fits in your car. Save time and stress, when we bring the workshop to you!
Comments for this post are closed.