Frequently Asked Questions
We're here to help
Dial-A-Battery is an onsite car battery replacement service that provides the finest battery solutions right at your door step. It saves you time and effort by going to your location and replacing your dead battery on the spot. Our Customer service representatives are available 24 hours, 7 days a week including holidays and national days. Just call us and one of our friendly representatives will dispatch a professional technician to your location in no time.
Our technician will reach you as soon as possible and have you up & running as quickly as possible. The time might vary during busy periods and during weekends and public holidays.
Yes, all our technicians patrol in the metropolitan area and will install the car battery at home, work, roadside or wherever you are in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
No, different cars require different size batteries depending on model and engine specification. Our technicians at Dial-A-Battery ensure your car is fitted with the correct description to fulfill your car’s optimum needs.
Yes, Dial-A-Battery has a wide range of batteries to suit most recreation vehicles from small 4WD’s to your larger 4WD’s.
Dial-A-Battery carries the largest range of Solite batteries which is the No.1 Automotive Battery brand from Korea and is the OEM to Hyundai and KIA cars all over the world. Solite batteries are manufactured in Korea by Hyundai group of companies, and are the original batteries used by Hyundai and KIA motors in their vehicles.
At Dial-A-Battery, our technicians are equipped with state-of-the-art battery testing equipment, tools and analyzers, and high quality automotive batteries with a 12 month warrantee. The battery warranty is valid for one vehicle registered within UAE. Warranty becomes void if the battery is tampered with or used in another vehicle. Warranty does not cover loss of time, inconvenience, loss of vehicle use or other incidental or consequential damage due to charging system failure, negligence, abuse, accident or improper installation.
Price for your car battery can be obtained on the phone from our customer service agents and vary from car to car. All battery prices include transportation, testing and installation charges.
Yes, we accept cash and credit cards.
Although auto dealers may have more repair bays and bigger waiting rooms, Dial-A-Battery consistently beats dealers by offering its customers better prices, and quickest service in the most convenient and personalized way. To us you are not just a number. We greatly value the business of all our clientele, and as such, treat each customer like family.
A battery is a device that stores electrical energy for later use. As chemicals in the battery change, electrical energy is stored or released. Batteries are not 100% efficient, some energy is lost as heat and chemical reactions when charging or recharging. Typical efficiency in a lead acid battery is 85 – 95%. In Alkaline and NICAD battery it is about 65%.
The lifespan of any battery will vary considerably with how it is used, maintained and charged. Extreme temperatures also affect the output of the battery.
The Cold Cranking Ampere (CCA) rating refers to the number of amperes a battery can support for 30 seconds at a temperature of 0°F until the battery volt drops to 1.20 volts per cell, or 7.20 volts for a 12 volt battery.
An amp Hour means one AMP for one hour. It is amps X hours. If you have something that pulls 20 amps, and you use it for 20 minutes, then the amp hours used would be 20 (amps) X 20/60 (hours) or 6.67 Ah.
All batteries regardless of their chemistry self-discharge. The rate of this depends both on the type of battery and the storage temperature the batteries are exposed to.
There may be little or no warning, however, if any of the following happens, your battery should be replaced immediately:
- Car has difficulty cranking over.
- Battery indicator light on the instrument panel stays lit for extended periods after starting.
- Headlights dim when the engine is idling.
- Clock starts to loose time after the vehicle sits unused for several days.
Dial-A-Battery carries the world leading Solite batteries on their dispatch vehicles. Solite is a highly reliable automotive battery that satisfies the car lovers all over the world under any circumstance. The internal rust-free calcium metal exhibits the excellent heat resistibility and the strong immunity against any drastic temperamental change. It is a maintenance free product which is sealed to prevent spillage. We recommend the following to increase the battery life: Don’t leave lights or accessories on. Drive your vehicle regularly to prevent it from losing its state of charge. Try to take a steady one hour drive each week. Keep your battery case clean. Battery terminals should be cleaned with a brush if necessary. Inspect the battery terminals regularly to ensure they haven’t loosened during driving vibration. Have your engine serviced regularly as poor engine condition can overload the battery.
93% of old car batteries can be recycled. To safely dispose of your battery return it to the place of purchase or if you have a battery fitted by a Dial-A-Battery technician, have them take it away for safe disposal.
- Metallic objects should not be placed on top of the battery.
- Keep flames or sparks away from the battery at all times.
- Never add acid to cells and keep acid away from eyes, skin, clothing or any other material which may become damaged. If contamination occurs, use large amounts of water to neutralize and flush acid away.
- Batteries should always be installed by a qualified professional.
- Your car battery stores electricity that is released to start your vehicles engine. Once the engine is started, your car’s battery is recharged by the engine-driven charging system or alternator.
- Corrosion at the battery terminals can prevent a car from starting by adding electrical resistance, so it is important to clean the terminals periodically using water and a wire brush, ensure you wear the correct protective gear (gloves and eye protection) as the white powder (lead sulphate) is toxic if inhaled, ingested or contacts the skin.
- Most of us have had the experience of a flat battery. In some cases it’s through neglect when lights have been left on, but sometimes it’s simply a case of the battery having served out its useful life.
- In either case, for all battery-related breakdowns Dial-A-Battery is available 24/7, 365 days to help stranded motorists by not only starting the vehicle, but making sure that if a new battery is needed, you get the right battery for your car at the right price, thus saving you the time and stress.
- We stand by the quality of our car batteries, knowing that they are built to exacting standards and tested stringently to ensure our customers get the best quality batteries for their cars. This is why we offer a warranty for each battery in our range.
- We appreciate the Incredible Testimonials we have received from our customers.
Available Round The Clock
12 Months Warranty With
Every Battery We Replace
Rapid Response Time 30-45
Minutes Turn-Around Time
Take Benefit Of Discounts,
Coupons, And Deals