Car Battery Maintenance Tips
Have you experienced this before? You have an urgent place to go and your car battery refuses to work. And despite all the troubleshooting you did, your vehicle can’t just be powered up.
If you’ve being in the above situation before, you are not alone in this. Most times, that kind of situation often makes us not to be able to drive our car or reach our destination on time.
To avoid this, we present to you some tips to maintain your car battery.
Tips to Maintain Your Car Battery
- Ensure you carry out a periodic inspection on your car battery at least once in a month.
- A filthy battery connection will weaken the charge, ensure to clean away grease, dirt and oxidation.
- Avoid spillage; make sure your car battery top and tray remains clean and dry.
- Visually check the case of your car battery for any sign of physical damage.
- For conventional batteries, always maintain your car battery’s water level.
- Make use of distilled water when filling your car battery.
- Avoid using tap water. Doing so causes battery corrosion.
- Never overfill your car battery.
- Do not quick-charge your car battery.
- Charge your car battery only in a ventilated space.
- Do not wait till your car battery is flat before charging it.
- Avoid long periods of inactivity. It reduces your car battery’s functionality.
- Never store your car battery in areas that are extremely cold or hot.
- Ensure your car battery is charged to at least 70% before storing.
- In situations where your battery isn’t put to use, store it in a cool and dry space.
- Batteries are highly toxic and dangerous, always exercise caution.
- Always consult vehicle manuals for instructions and safety precautions.
- Wear proper safety clothing, googles, gloves and shoes.
Make sure you keep to the maintenance tips mentioned above to enjoy your car battery for a very long period. Good luck!