How important do you think your tyres are? They are a crucial part of your vehicle’s safety and you shouldn’t neglect them. Statistics have shown that tyre failure is certainly the cause of many traffic accidents and road deaths in the UAE. But many of these crashes could be avoided if the following tips are implemented.
Safety Tips for Your Tyres
- Always examine your tyres regularly to know its condition.
- Remove stones or any other object embedded in the tread.
- Contact a tyre specialist in the case of lumps or bulges.
- Check the tyre pressure on a regular basis and not before a long trip.
- Always keep your tyres at the required pressure which is stated in your car owner’s manual.
- Correct pressures are needed for maximum safety, grip and good tyre life.
- Ensure your wheel alignment is in good shape as it can cause your tyres to wear easily.
- Always have the wheel alignment checked when installing new tyres.
- Do not mix tyres of different types on the same axle except in the case of temporary use of spare tyres.
Before setting off on a car trip, certify your vehicle is in excellent conditions. You can do this by checking the overall conditions of your tyres. And to know the depths of your tyre treads, you can do the penny test for your car before commencing on a journey.
It is not abnormal for the overall performance of your tyre to reduce over a period of time. Worn-out tyres will surely slow down the performance of your car. Sparing some time to know the condition of your tyres will go a long way in keeping you and your family safe. Good luck!
Have you experienced this before? You have an urgent place to go and your car battery refuses to work. And despite all the troubleshooting you did, your vehicle can’t just be powered up.
If you’ve being in the above situation before, you are not alone in this. Most times, that kind of situation often makes us not to be able to drive our car or reach our destination on time.
To avoid this, we present to you some tips to maintain your car battery.
Tips to Maintain Your Car Battery
- Ensure you carry out a periodic inspection on your car battery at least once in a month.
- A filthy battery connection will weaken the charge, ensure to clean away grease, dirt and oxidation.
- Avoid spillage; make sure your car battery top and tray remains clean and dry.
- Visually check the case of your car battery for any sign of physical damage.
- For conventional batteries, always maintain your car battery’s water level.
- Make use of distilled water when filling your car battery.
- Avoid using tap water. Doing so causes battery corrosion.
- Never overfill your car battery.
- Do not quick-charge your car battery.
- Charge your car battery only in a ventilated space.
- Do not wait till your car battery is flat before charging it.
- Avoid long periods of inactivity. It reduces your car battery’s functionality.
- Never store your car battery in areas that are extremely cold or hot.
- Ensure your car battery is charged to at least 70% before storing.
- In situations where your battery isn’t put to use, store it in a cool and dry space.
- Batteries are highly toxic and dangerous, always exercise caution.
- Always consult vehicle manuals for instructions and safety precautions.
- Wear proper safety clothing, googles, gloves and shoes.
Make sure you keep to the maintenance tips mentioned above to enjoy your car battery for a very long period. Good luck!
Dubai’s Dial-A-Battery, which offers onsite battery replacement, is celebrating five years of success in the UAE with the launch of two new additional services: Flat Tyre Replacement and Fuel Delivery.
The launch of these two new services are in line with Dial-A-Battery’s strategy to expand its range of offerings. The Flat Tyre Replacement service offers a spare tyre replacement to get customers back on the road fast, and similarly for customers who run out of fuel, one of Dial-A-Battery’s experienced team members will come out and deliver fuel onsite.
“The fifth anniversary is a proud occasion for the entire team at Dial-A-Battery, and we look forward to building stronger relationships with our growing customer base. We are confident that with superior levels of service we will reach the 50,000 milestone of happy customers soon. We continuously take on board customers’ comments and feedback in order to take significant steps to advance our service. Our end objective of course, is to retain our reputation as the supplier of choice,” said Tahir Ali, operations manager of Dial-A-Battery.
Dial-A-Battery stocks the largest range of Solite, AC Delco and Bosch batteries, have expert technicians and are equipped with state-of-the-art computerized systems. All diagnostics are conducted onsite, saving motorists the time and trouble in having their vehicles towed to workshops.
Motorists or interested customers can dial the toll free number – 800 247 365, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year to speak to a Dial-A-Battery technician or use the online chat service to find out more about the company and the new services.
Dial-A-Battery – the popular 24×7 onsite battery replacement service company, participated in the GEMS Awareness Day 2016 as Silver Sponsors. The GEMS Awareness Day, organized by GEMS Education at Atlantis, welcomed over 1,600 new school teachers and administrative staff from all corners of the world.
As part of the Awareness Day activities, the new employees were introduced to the UAE culture and familiarized with various services, including the operations of Dial-A-Battery. The company also conducted a raffle draw as part of its participation, giving away free car battery replacement service to the winners. Four Samsung Tablets were also distributed to the winners of panel discussion quiz during the Awareness Day.
Reinforcing its growth plans aimed at supporting the needs of its diversified client base across the UAE, Dial-A-Battery – the 24×7 onsite battery replacement service has announced a strategic expansion of its fleet in the country.
The Dial-A-Battery service, which started as a two-member field technician team in 2011, has announced that its fleet has now grown to 17 vehicles operating across Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, each providing professional, convenient and hassle free battery replacement service round-the-clock to meet specific customer demands.
Tahir Ali, Operations Manager of Dial-A-Battery, said: “The expansion of Dial-A-Battery fleet is a result of the unprecedented growth of the service, which has seen the company’s customers quadrupling every passing year. The ultimate objective is to ensure that we remain thought leaders, and we have achieved this by implementing state-of-the-art field operations software and have streamlined our processes to improve productivity.”
He added: “The augmented fleet will offer easier access to the customers seeking a change of batteries all around the clock, greater flexibility and better customer service.
Committed to providing solutions on the spot, Dial-A-Battery aims to offer improved delivery and robust systems and ensure availability at all times. All of the vehicles are supplied with spare batteries and high frequency rapid chargers to cater to varied customer demands.